Freitag, 26. Juli 2013

Procrastination for the win!

What does the good student do when she's supposed to study for her exams? Why, she sews, of course! Or prepares for sewing, anyway. I mentioned earlier that I couldn't remake my regency dress until I had some proper undergarments, which I intended to drape like American Duchess. But then I read this amazing blogpost by Kleidung um 1800, in which she also provides several patterns for free (go check it out if you haven't clicked that link yet, all her posts are amazingly detailed!). She even asks people to try out her method to see if it works for everybody. I got giddy to try it, and finally had some time (and materials) to try it. I scaled the pattern tonight, and who knows, if I manage my time just right, I might even get some sewing done this weekend. Wish me luck! :)
Scaling... drawing squares can get pretty boring ;)

The scaled pattern. Who knew that math could
be so usefull while sewing...

















The finished pattern. I just can't wait to try it in fabric!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen